For LL B (Hons) Program:
1. A student should have at least second division or minimum GPA 2.5 in both SSC & HSC examinations or a minimum GPA of 2.00 in SSC or in HSC, combined total being not lower than 6.00.
2. A student must have at least 5 subjects in O Level with average grade point of 2.50 or above and must have 2 subjects in A Level with average grade point of 2.00 and above; and one E is acceptable (in the scale of A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1).
3. For the children of Freedom Fighters: A minimum GPA of total 5.00 in SSC and HSC examinations (Freedom Fighters Certificate must be produced).
For LL.B (Pass) program:
1. A Bachelor’s degree with at least 2nd division/class or CGPA at least 2.00
For LL M (1-year) Program:
1. LL B (Hons) degree with minimum CGPA 2.25
For LL.M (2-year) Program:
1. LL B degree with minimum CGPA 2.25
Admission on Credit Transfer
Students desiring to transfer their credits are expected to have at least a CGPA of 2.5 (Grade B) in all previous exams to be considered for admission to the Southeast University. Up to 50% of the total credit hours in the undergraduate program will be accepted. Students intending to transfer to SEU must provide supporting documents like official transcript, course out line, etc, for the course(s) to be considered for transfer. Individual department may have some additional requirements.
SEU may conditionally accept applicants for admission who cannot produce official transcripts, certificates and other necessary documents at the time of admission. As a prerequisite all provisionally admitted students will be required to submit the appropriate credentials to continue. Required credentials must be submitted within the semester of initial enrollment.
Admission of Foreign Students
Foreign students particularly who come from other systems the admission eligibility will be as follows:
1. For undergraduate programs: Passed the school certificate examination after 12-year schooling with minimum GPA 2.00 of 4 point scale or GCE ‘O’ level 3 and ‘A’ level 2 total 5 pass subjects with minimum ‘C’ grade in each subject.
2. For graduate programs: Passed 4-year degree examination with good grades after 12-year schooling in Secondary & Higher Secondary level.
The candidate will apply to the Chairman of the Equivalence Committee through a prescribed form, with the following documents stating therein the program to which he/she intends to study.
(i) A copy of his/her recent Passport.
(ii) Copies of all academic documents together with a testimonial from the Cultural Attaché of the Diplomatic Mission stating the duration of the courses studied by the applicant.
(iii) An undertaking from the student duly countersigned by a responsible officer of the Diplomatic Mission to the effect that he/she will stay in this country up to completion of the program of study and he/she will not take part in any activity subversive of the State or of the discipline while in the University.
(iv) 'No Objection Certificates (NOC)’ from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Ministry of Education of the Government of Bangladesh.
(v) Science background is necessary for all science programs.
(vi) Besides the above, the applicant must follow all other requirements as are needed for the general students of this country.
An equivalence committee will assess and recommend for satisfactory grade for the applicants who seek admission in SEU for foreign students and the students from other systems.
The completed Application Form must be submitted to the Admissions Office with the following documents:
i. Admission Form on payment of Tk. 500/700.
ii. Original with attested copies of all academic certificates/mark sheets.
iii. 4 Copies of attested passport size photo.