Formation of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) in Southeast University to Ensure Quality Education.
About IQAC ( Internal Quality Assurance Cell)
Southeast University has recently launched Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), a strong body formulated to maintain and supervise the quality parameters in the University. To ensure continuous improvement in the entire operations of the University, Quality Assurance Committee (QAC) of IQAC Project is constituted with the following members:
|01||Prof. Dr. ANM Meshquat Uddin, Honorable Vice Chancellor (Designate), SEU||Convener|
|02||Mr. Md. Reazuddin Ansari, Honorable Member, BOT, SEU Trust||Member|
|03||Maj Gen Kazi Fakhruddin Ahmed, psc (Retd),Registrar||Member|
|04||Prof. Syed Fakhrul Hassan, Dean (Acting) , School of Sc. and Engg.||Member|
|05||Prof. Dr. Md. Abdul Hakim, Director, IQAC||Member|
|06||Prof. Dr. A.F.M. Mafizul Islam, Dean (Acting), School of Business Studies & Director, IRT||Member|
|07||Prof. Meer Mobashsher Ali, Chairman of Architecture||Member|
|08||Mr. Harunur Rashid Khan, Chairman of English||Member|
|09||Mr. Md. Wadud Ahmed ACA, Controller of Accounts and Finance||Member|
|10||Dr. ANM Ahmed Ullah, Additional Director, IQAC||Member Secretary|
The objectives of the IQAC are:
- To ensure continuous improvement in the entire operations of the University in general and quality of teaching in particular and
- To ensure stakeholders connected with higher education namely parents, teachers, staff, would be employers, funding agencies and society in general, of its own quality and probity.
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic tasks
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- The credibility of evaluation procedures
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in Bangladesh and abroad.
- Design and implementation of annual plan for University- level activities for quality enhancement
- Arrange for feedback responses from students and faculty members for quality-related institution processes
- Development and Application of quality bench marks/Parameters of Higher Education
- Retrieval of Information on various quality parameters of Higher Education and best practices followed by other Institutions
- Organization of workshops and seminar on quality-related themes and promotions of quality circles and institutions-wide dissemination of proceeding of such activities
- Development and application of innovative practices in various programs / activities leading of quality enhancement
- Participation in the creation of learner-centric environment conducive for quality education
- Work of the development of Institutionalization of quality enhancement policies and practices
- Act as a nodal unit of the university for augmenting quality-related activities
- Prepare focused annual quality assurance report (AQARs) to be submitted to Vice Chancellor on the quality
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement.
- Accreditation process of the university and its programme
- To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and integration of the quality culture for Quality and Excellence in Higher Education
- To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices
- To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning
- To act as a change agent in the university
- To better internal communication.
Strategies of IQAC:
The Functions of the IQAC are:
IQAC will facilitate/contribute:
IQAC will submit Annual Quality Assurance Report to the Vice Chancellor.